The skewed perspective of a conservative Catholic employee-side employment lawyer living in the most exciting city in the Milky Way, Las Vegas, Nevada USA, who listens to a lot of really strange music and who, for some reason, lives and dies St. Louis Cardinal baseball

2/15/2005

It's Tuesday. What is retrofuturistic?

The Space Needle in Seattle, Washington!

When I visited Seattle about 10 years, I was going to go up the Needle. I'm somewhat acrophobic. Heights per se don't bother me. Open air heights (or floor to ceiling glass at a heighth) bothers me. But still, this was an icon. The Space Needle!

I go there. And I couldn't believe how rickety the darn thing looked. Like it was made from an erector set. A cheap off-brand erector set. I couldn't believe it could support my weight (which, though I carry a few pounds too many, is not sufficient to force me to pay for an extra seat on Southwest), let alone support the collective weight on the tourist horde there that Labor Day weekend.
Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?