The skewed perspective of a conservative Catholic employee-side employment lawyer living in the most exciting city in the Milky Way, Las Vegas, Nevada USA, who listens to a lot of really strange music and who, for some reason, lives and dies St. Louis Cardinal baseball

4/25/2005

I'm not going to Dollywood in Tennessee

Just when I was really warming up to the idea of vacationing in Pigeon Forge, Tennessee. Not only could I take in the country kitsch of the Dollywood theme park, but I could take in nearby Great Smoky Mountains National Park. I could have flown into Nashville and visited the State Capitol grounds (and paid homage at the grave of James Knox Polk), then bopped over to Jimmy Polk's mentor's house, Andrew Jackson's Hermitage. And, while I was in a Polk-y mood, I could have taken a short side trip down to Columbia, Tennessee, and visited the Polk home.

Sounds like a fun trip. But some other year. One half of the possible destinations have been eliminated and, today, Pigeon Forge, Tennessee, was added to the list.
Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?